[Section 96, 97]
Application to Vote By Sealed Envelope
TOWN OF THE PAS
Name of local authority
October 26, 2022
Date of election
If you cannot attend the election in person and wish to vote by sealed envelope, please mail or email this request (email will be the quickest method) to:
_________________Jenn Early ______ ______Box 870, The Pas, MB R9A 1K8________
(Phone No.) (Email)
THE REQUEST TO VOTE BY SEALED ENVELOPE MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE S.E.O. ON OR BEFORE October 23rd, 2022 (three days before Election Day)
· A ballot package will be mailed to you with instructions. If your application is received less than 12 days before the election, you may make arrangements to have the ballot delivered to you.
· If you apply in person, a ballot package will be given to you at that time.
· Please mark your ballot and return it promptly to ensure the deadline is met.
· Ballots received after 8:00 p.m. on Election Day will not be accepted.
To qualify to vote, you must be:
1. A Canadian citizen
2. 18 years of age on Election Day.
3. A resident or owner of land in the municipality for at least six months on Election Day.
*Important: If applying in writing, you must enclose photocopies of ID (an official document issued by the federal, provincial or municipal government that contains your name, address and photograph).
I am unable to attend the regular advance voting to cast my ballot(s) for the 20__ General Election. I therefore request that a ballot package be sent to the address below.
Mailing Address: ________________________________________________________
Phone No: __________________________
Declaration: I am qualified to vote in this election as I am a Canadian citizen, at least 18 years old on the day of the election, and have been either a resident or owner of the following lands in the municipality (_______________________________) for at least six months on the day of the election. I am unable to go in person to a voting station on the day of the election or on advance voting days. I have not otherwise already voted in this election.