History The Town of The Pas was incorporated in 1912. The Town’s name has been altered several times over many years. It was initially known as W’passkwayaw then switched to Opasquia and is now known as The Pas. Prior to the incorporation of the Town of The Pas, the Town was governed by a northern government service which stretched as far as Churchill Manitoba and was run by a single administrator. Prior to the incorporation, there was no Mayor or Council and all decisions of the community were made by one independent employee.